Bill Brown's Slide Gallery
Takhli Thailand Sep 1968 to Sep 1969These are scans from slides taken from Sept. 1968 to Sept. 1969 by Sgt. Bill Brown, Doppler shop while stationed at Takhli.
I was born and raised in St. Louis. Moved down to Arnold, Mo (suburb of St. Louis) when I was 10 and graduated from Fox High School in 1966. Joined the Air Force in Sept. 1966.
- Keesler AFB (Biloxi, MS) 11/66 thru 10/67 Electronics, Doppler Radar and Inertial Navigation Systems. My oldest son was born at Keesler.
- McConnell AFB (Wichita, KS) from 11/67 - 8/68 F-105 Doppler
- Takhli from 9/68-9/69 F-105 and EB-66 Doppler Radar
- Castle AFB (Merced, CA) from 10/69-9/70 B-52 and KC-135 Doppler
- After leaving the Air Force in Sept. 1970, I moved back to St. Louis.
Worked for Honeywell Information Systems on large computer mainframes from 1970-73
Worked for Raytheon Data Systems on Honeywell, IBM and Raytheon Systems from 1973-76
Had my own computer maintenance business from 1976-86
Moved to Las Vegas in 1988. Wrote a book on blackjack. Worked for an all-sports radio network (Sports Fan Radio Network) for 4 years Currently working for the University of Nevada School of Medicine Trauma Institute as a data analyst.
Proceed to Gallery
21 April 03